Online and In-person learning and creating
This is experiential learning based in nature to support your journey of knowing and mastering self, relations and service in the context of natural intelligence and healthy community.
Weekly lessons, reflections, sharing circles and assignments.
The core text for this training is Angeles Arrien’s book The Four Fold Way. Angeles was a cultural anthropologist whose personal culture ancestry was Bathe, out of Spain. This book was first published in 1990. Angeles left the material plane a few years ago, but left enough video and other artifacts to still be experienced first hand online by those who look for her. She was a sweet grandmother type, a wonderful storyteller and had a beautifully gentle air of authoritas and gravitas.
The Four Fold Way is her distillation what she found in her research about the primary sensibilities of nature-based people when it comes to knowing and operating the natural psyche for living life in relationship with others that are honourable. The book deals in four inherent resources for the human animal: power, vision, love and wisdom. The book includes context, practice and questions for our personal excavation and adaptation.
The wisdom is fractal and alchemically potent. It translates into all spheres of a multi-dimensional experience in the self, in the construct, in the relationship, in the family, in contribution and community.
Wisdom from other sources, including participants and my own contribution of maps and animations to hold us through this work from the inner to the other complete the course.
You can participate in one of the ways that is right for you.
As a Casual Student you come and go as you please with the material freely offered on the Wild & Salty website, YT channel and social media. You’ll get a good introduction and pick up some helpful tips for navigating during these complex moments in the great-grand scheme for following along. Links to everything can be found the Connect page.
As an Enrolled Student you will commit to yourself and your classmates for three months for each semester you choose to participate in.
Your commitment is to acquire, read and use the textbook, take in the weekly presentation either live or in your own time, spend time in personal reflection and journaling and come to one sharing circle weekly.
Barefoot Social Working is for people who want to use this training to augment their personal service to family, livelilhood and community and earn a certificate of completion. Your investment is a Four Semester Enrolled Student level + 8-10 assignments and 90% attendance.
What You’ll Learn as an Enrolled Student :
- How to stand in your personal resource of power and use it responsibly for the empowerment of yourself and others in good relationship.
- How to attune to and articulate your personal resource of vision and your vocation with truth telling as a means to living your purpose, taking responsibility for yourself and sharing your abilities authentically.
- How to care for and live from a heart that is open, strong, clear and full for the nurturing of creativity, connections and life itself.
- How to cultivate, recognize and apply wisdom and wisdom practices in all of our relations.
- Maps of natural and village intelligence that help you to activate and organize yourself and the circles you cooperate in for family, livelihood, projects and collaborations.
- The Circle Way for connecting, conversing, relating and co-operating with others in real time anywhere.
- Help from the student body and faculty for your adventure in Right livelihood with natural intelligence.
- Bonus TITLI maps and methods for practical application of the theory in and with your own community.
TUITION – by donation
Next Semester – January, February and March of 2023.
Registration is not yet open. If you are interested please make sure you subscribe for updates and keep your eyes open for an announcement before the end of November 2022.
I am Patti Lindgren, your host and guide.
I am the illustrator of the maps of Natural and Village Intelligence, the instigator of Barefoot Social Working as a profession and the choreographer of this experience.
I have 12 years of practicing life The Four Fold Way under my belt and am 25 years into my awakening and return to nature’s way of living and service.
I am a mother of two growns, step-mom to another grown, step grandma to another grown and in 2022 a biological grandmother to Owen Rev.
I am over the moon happy to dedicate everything you see here and in the surrounding pages to my children and yours.
May we all be well.
In this photo it looks to me as though my daughter, who took the photo, and my grandson are showing us how to handle the walking dead of the old world falling away. Look away, look someone in the eye, smile for real with love and excitement, and keep on adventuring.
Here’s a peak at Little Manitou, the land that supports me and us as we commune and naturalize.